Monday, March 16, 2009

CVS!


Total Before Savings:  $21.14
Total Coupons Used:  $4.50
ECBs Used:  $4.00
Cash OOP:  $8.34
ECBs Earned:  $7.98

2 Hershey Kisses - $1.88 ea
1 Mini Eggs - $2 ($1.50/3 MFC)
1 Baked Lays - $3 ($1/1 MFC)
1 Irish Spring Body Wash - $4.99 ($1/1 MFC) ($4.99 ECBs)
1 Colgate Max White - $2.99 ($1/1 MFC) ($2.99 ECBs)


Not some great performance, but gearing up for the Easter season.  I started 2 ECBs deals.  I'm not sure if people really know this, but when CVS advertises "Spend $15, Get $5 ECBs back" - YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE ALL $15 IN ONE TRANSACTION!  It's your total spending over the course of the sales week.  For instance, I'm doing the "Spend $15, get $7 ECBs on Hershey candy" deal and I'm planning on picking up 4 things of Tropicana Orange Juice later this week (part of a "Spend $15, Get $5 ECBs").  

The best part about breaking it up too is that your CVS receipt tells you how much left you have to spend in order to get your ECBs.  And it also tells you if you have already done the ECBs deal!  For instance, my receipt says the following:

Snacks, Spend 15 Get 5 EB
Amount Toward this Reward:  $3.00
Amount Needed to Earn Reward:  $12.00

Hershey, Spend 15 Get 5 EB
Amount Toward this Reward:  $5.76
Amount Needed to Earn Reward:  $9.24

Colgate Max, Buy 1 Get 2.99 EB
* Offer Limit Reached

Irish Spring, Buy 1 Get 4.99 EB
* Offer Limit Reached

So I have until Saturday to purchase the remaining amount for these deals in order to earn Extra Care Bucks!  Yey for CVS!


4 comments:

m. said...

But why wouldn't you just buy them all at once to save yourself a trip?

Unknown said...

That's what a normal person would do. I'm not normal.

If I bought all I wanted in one trip, I would fork over about $27 cash and have $17.98 ECBs. If I split it up in 3 trips, I fork over about $13 cash and have $5 ECBs left over.

m. said...

Becky, I think I must be missing something -- I don't see the diff between going one time and going 3 times. I'm not trying to be antagonistic or anything -- I'm just trying to figure out if I should be breaking up my trips as well!

Thanks!

Unknown said...

If you go more times, it's less cash Out of Pocket. It's honestly the same - but you have more CVS Monopoly money if you only go once.

There's a CVS a hop skip and a jump away from me. I know some have to drive a couple miles or more and it's just not worth it to make multiple trips. I'm also a Homemaker so going up to CVS breaks up all the cleaning, child raising and cooking I do all day.