Sunday, December 1, 2013

Do-It-Yourself Advent Calendar

It's December 1st!  Which means it's advent calendar time!

The past few years, I got my kids those Lego advent calendars which were great and everything.  But this year, my kids are obsessed with Pokemon cards so I made a really easy and cheap version of my own.


The supplies were simple and all stuff I had around the house:

-  25 envelopes
-  Numbered scrap paper
- rubber cement (reg. glue would work fine too)
-  Pokemon cards (which I had bought for Christmas but decided to do this instead.  I got a random lot of 100 off Amazon - those suckers are expensive in the stores)
-  tape


I just cut out my numbers from the scrapbook paper and then glued them on the front of the envelopes.

I put two Pokemon cards in each envelope (one for each kid, each day).

Then I used a sponge and some water to seal them - because I don't lick envelopes.  I'm a snob.  


Then I just taped them around a door with regular old scotch tape.


It's a little festive.  It's a little fun.  It's a whole lot of cheap.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the numbered scrapbook paper?

Michal Athaliah said...




PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!

Hey Guys!!!Am so happy I got mine from Mike Fisher. My blank ATM card can withdraw $2,000 daily. I got it from Her last week and now I have $14,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it, it is not traceable and now i have money for business and enough money for me and my family to live on .I am really happy i met Mike Fisher because i met two people before her and they took my money not knowing that they were scams. But am happy now. Mike Fisher sent the card through DHL and i got it in two days. Get your own card from her now she is not like other scammer pretending to have the ATM card,She is giving it out for free to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught. i'm grateful to Mike Fisher because she changed my story all of a sudden . The card works in all countries except, Mali and Nigeria. Mike Fisher email address is blankatm002@gmail.com

Healing Broken heart said...




Every day became a struggle when I found out about my husband’s affair. I couldn’t eat, sleep, work or do anything without thinking about it. Our marriage was on the brink of ending, I could feel it. I decided to try a love spell by Dr.Obodo after I found his details online and I started waiting to see the results.

In less than a day, he totally changed his attitude towards me and stopped the affair the very same day.

Thank you so so so so much Dr.Obodo. You’re amazing!!if you need help contact Dr .Obodo via
E-mail : templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk
Whatsapp: +(234)815 542548-1