Sunday, December 1, 2013

Do-It-Yourself Advent Calendar

It's December 1st!  Which means it's advent calendar time!

The past few years, I got my kids those Lego advent calendars which were great and everything.  But this year, my kids are obsessed with Pokemon cards so I made a really easy and cheap version of my own.


The supplies were simple and all stuff I had around the house:

-  25 envelopes
-  Numbered scrap paper
- rubber cement (reg. glue would work fine too)
-  Pokemon cards (which I had bought for Christmas but decided to do this instead.  I got a random lot of 100 off Amazon - those suckers are expensive in the stores)
-  tape


I just cut out my numbers from the scrapbook paper and then glued them on the front of the envelopes.

I put two Pokemon cards in each envelope (one for each kid, each day).

Then I used a sponge and some water to seal them - because I don't lick envelopes.  I'm a snob.  


Then I just taped them around a door with regular old scotch tape.


It's a little festive.  It's a little fun.  It's a whole lot of cheap.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the numbered scrapbook paper?