Friday, February 8, 2013

Reuse the Kids' Socks - and Make Your Cats Happy

I HATE throwing away socks that the kids have outgrown.  I mean - a lot of them still have use left in them - but having someone use someone else's socks is pretty nasty.  So I usually just toss them, like 99% of the country.

I also HATE spending a ridiculous amount of money on cat toys.  For instance....


This Play-N-Squeak Mouse is a whopping $4.97 at Walmart!  Seriously?  So we turned our old socks into toys for the cat:


I got my supplies - old socks, scissors, rubber bands (did not use), ribbon (did not use), sharpie marker and cat nip (I had this in my house - I bought it at the Dollar Tree before Christmas because we were going to make something that we never did).



I cut up some of the socks for "filler".


I took the three socks that I was going to use as the toy and I cut the ends for tassel.


I filled the sock with some filler and some cat nip (not too much!)


We drew a silly face on it.  


Then we made more.  

I guess they kind of look like kitty sperm toys.  That wasn't my intention.  I just got lucky.  

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yhao brand socks are so special that I have ordered many times! I sell them well in my store, many yoga lovers are satisfied with the non-slip yoga socks which can keep them stable no matter what activity they are performing. wholesalesocksbulk.com/bulk/stock-products/socks/kids-socks