Friday, February 24, 2012

"Organizing My Crap": Label, Label, Label


This is probably common knowledge.  Use labels.  Lots of them.  Label the crap out of your crap.  

Here's my tip though - don't spend an hour on your computer printing out "pretty" labels or going on Pinterest to see how some made up person labels their attic crap.  Just grab a sheet of labels (if you have labels laying around like I do) and a Sharpie.  Just write what you're storing.  My handwriting is horrible - but I can read what I wrote and it took me about 5 seconds to create each label.  I have a bunch of Rubbermaid bins - so I put a label on the side and top.  Maybe redundant, but easy for me.  Also - if you use labels, they come off really easily if you ever switch the containers contents. 

1 comment:

Katidids said...

Yes, Labels are my friends! Now...
I used to pack things in containers thinking I would remember...not. So, I had suprise contain week for a while. Kind of the same theme of suprise meat...you never know what you'll find. Mostly I found crap that went to charity.