Monday, January 30, 2012

Saving Money Challenge: Use Recyclables for Storage


Welcome to my dungeon.  Also known as my basement.  I'm one of the few people who can care less on whether my basement is finished or not.  After the rain storm in March 2010 - I'm freaked out that my basement will flood.  Ironically, during that storm that flooded so many, our basement stayed bone dry.  Still - that was enough to make me squash any dreams of spending money on my basement.  My husband still talks about finishing it.  Okay buddy - keep dreaming.

Since my basement looks like a dungeon, it's only appropriate that we organize with dungeon like things - you know, recyclables.  My husband is a real manly man - he has virtually every tool imaginable.  If I ever need to know where all of our savings went - well I just have to take a trip downstairs.  It's okay though - we're prepared for anything this house has to give us.  

My husband stores a lot of his nails and screws and other man things in old recyclables.  I used to save baby food jars.  Now I save spaghetti sauce jars for his worldly scrap metal.  It's free - I can't help it.

This post is partially inspired by the group challenge Precious started at Frugal Makes Cents.

No comments: