Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Occupy My Wallet: Day 30

Yesterday I spent no money.  Still recovering from that toilet purchase.  Cleaned the house and went to the gym.  Fun stuff, as always.

So now that January is winding down, do you have any challenges you are attempting for February?  Why should New Years Resolutions only happen on the New Year?  Well besides the fact that they are called "New Years" resolutions.  If you are like me, the thought of sticking to something for an entire year is "too much" - so if you have some financial or fitness goals that might have fallen to the wayside - well a new month is starting tomorrow.  It's a do-over for you.  Or maybe you just want to start fresh doing something.

Two challenges that I did myself for the month of January, I'd like to propose to anyone to try for a week - if you're looking to save a few bucks and want a challenge.  If you don't stalk me, here they are:

1.  Don't spend any money on groceries for a week (I tried this for a month, but only made it like 25 days). You can buy perishables (i.e. milk, eggs, bread, produce, etc.) - but try not to stock up your cabinets at all.  Might save a few bucks.

2.  Don't spend any money on material possessions for a week.  Think about it - can you go just one week without buying anything.  No new curtains, no art supplies, no new pans, no great deals online.  Nothing.  Just food & gas.  This is honestly hard for me - but I went pretty strong in January and will continue to do so in February.

Hope everyone enjoys their last day of January!

No comments: