Sunday, January 15, 2012

Occupy My Wallet: Day 14

Another day, another dollar not spent.  The husband took the kids to Lowe's for the free "Build & Grow Event".  They came home with castles and spent a LONG time playing with them.  The husband bought some needed light bulbs.  I think he spent like $5 or something.  Again - he's not part of my little experiment.  Plus - apparently we needed these light bulbs.

I didn't even enter a retail establishment at all yesterday.  My entertainment came from running along the sunny shores of the South Shore.

So half way through the month and I'm doing pretty good.  Yesterday, I laid out some finances for the husband to show him that despite his belief, we are not rich.  The husband took a dramatic pay cut back in September and that's pretty much why I have to be beyond super cheap these days.  It shouldn't be permanent - so until Sunny skies are with us again, we must live like the Amish.  Or I'll have to do the unspeakable:  Get a job.

No comments: