Saturday, February 28, 2009

BJ's!

Total Before Savings:  $30.40
Total Coupons Used:  $4
Total Cash OOP:  $26.40

2 gallons of 1% Milk - $2.19 ea
3 Quarts of Half & Half - $1.99 ea
1 Double Pack of Wonder Kids - $3.19
2 Pack Motts Apple Juice - $6.89 ($2 off BJ's Coupon) $4.89!
1 15-pk of Scotch Brite Sponges - $9.59 (2 $1/2 MFCs) $7.59!

Okay - things to take from this trip:

The Mott's Apple Juice is next to the BJ's juice.  Mott's is $6.89, BJ's brand is $4.69.  There is a $2 off coupon for the Mott's in this month's mailer.  Brings it down to $4.89 - still more expensive than the BJ's brand.  But wait!  Look closely!  The BJ's brand comes in 96 oz containers.  The Mott's comes in 128 oz containers.  The Mott's ends up costing $2.45 per gallon.  The BJ's brand ends up costing $3.12 per gallon.  Just because generic may look cheaper, doesn't mean it is!

Secondly - I LOVE THE COUPON POLICY AT BJ'S!  I need sponges.  These are the types of things I think BJ's is good for.  I will go through 15 sponges and I have storage for 15 sponges.  I also know that I've never been able to score "free" or cheap sponges during grocery store or drug store sales.  15 sponges at BJ's are $9.59.  Scotch Brite brand.  There were coupons recently for these out there.  So in my stash, I had 2 $1 off 2 Scotch Brite sponges.  I was able to use BOTH coupons on this item because there are 15 sponges in this package!  In theory, if I had 7 of these coupons, I could have gotten $7 off and got 15 sponges for $2.59!  Isn't this policy amazing?  I think so!

2 comments:

Kara said...

The coupon policy at BJs really is amazing - I wish Costco would do the same!!

Unknown said...

Kara - Maybe you should write to your Costco Congressman to change the policy! I think I like Costco better than BJ's actually - but BJ's is a heck of a lot closer to me now. Blah.