Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What Does My "Stockpile" Look Like?


I know, I know - I've been talking about getting rid of crap and decluttering life and all that happy crap lately.  And I am.  With material possessions.  However...

I NEED some sort of hygiene stockpile.  It's for my own comfort and laziness.  I'm not disciplined enough to see "Oh, we're almost out of mouthwash.  I'll be sure to pick some more up at the market this week, Dear!"  No.  It's always, I take the last swig and say, "Darn it!  I hope we have more or my husband is going to hurt me when he wakes up."  

So I keep a conservative stockpile.  It's not too "over the top".  I don't have 278 tubes of toothpaste on reserve.  I have 2.  I have 3 bottles of mouthwash (which is excessive but we seem to go through it a lot).  3 extra boxes of tissues.  2 shampoos, 2 conditioners.  About 12 bars of soap (another one that surprisingly goes fast).  2 things of shaving cream.  Some extra NyQuil/DayQuil.  A few toothbrushes, some razors and that's about it.  Oh - and I buy hand soap by the gallon apparently.  That thing cost me $4.50 at BJ's and has lasted me a long time.  I don't think hand soap goes bad.  Much cheaper than dropping $1-$2 on the disposable pumps all the time.  So I probably more than most people, but don't count on me helping you during the Armageddon.  You'll have to go to Honey Boo Boo's house for that.  

So what should a stockpile have in it?  Should you even have a stockpile?  Well that's up to you.  Everyone's needs are different.  Some people have none.  Some people have a whole room or two full of supplies/food.  You have to find your happy place when it comes to a stockpile - what works for you and your family.  I don't have a food stockpile - my cabinets are my stockpile and they're mighty bare now. 


No comments: