Friday, February 3, 2012

Saving Money Challenge: Use Ebates for Online Tax Prep

Are you doing your taxes yourself?  It's okay.  I am.  I'm going nuts.  Too much crap to enter.  I yearn for the simple days of just having my W-2s from my lowly job.  Now it's more paperwork and entering numbers and I really don't want to deal.  But I will - because I need the refund.

If you use Ebates, you can score cash back on your tax prep fees from the major tax services:

H&R Block - 11%

Turbo Tax - 8%

FreeTax USA - 25%

Citizen Tax - 20%


I personally use H&R Block's software.  I have for the past 5 years.  I have all my crap saved in my account.  It works for me and I like it.  Just remember - if you are like me - you do it in cycles.  So go through Ebates each time, and most importantly, the last time when you actually submit so you can score your cash back.  Since I do the Deluxe and have to do MA taxes too, I drop about $60 on the tax prep - so getting $6 and some change back makes it a little more doable.

If you have an AGI of $57,000 or less, you may qualify for free tax filing service.  If you do your taxes the old fashioned way, well that's free too.  CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON FREE TAX SERVICES.

No comments: