Monday, February 27, 2012

Saving Money Challenge: Learn to Accept Ghetto Fixes

Our fence sucks.  There is no better way to describe it.  Getting a new one (that we'd like) would cost about $4,000.  We don't want to drop that kind of money on a fence now.  But I'm sick of looking at the nasty of it all.  So I trucked myself up to Lowe's and bought some spray paint.


Before








After








Before

After

Perfect?  No.  Cheap?  Yes.  Makes me happy?  Yes.  $13 vs. $4,000 works for me for the time being.  So go ahead - be ghetto, be fabulous & be cheap.

1 comment:

Queenbuv3 said...

We are trying to "make do" with what we have. Sometimes a fresh coat of paint or moving stuff around or finding a new purpose for something you already have is more satisfying than shelling out money you don't have. The fence looks great and serves the purpose. Congrats on resisting the urge to spend : )