Monday, February 27, 2012

Create the Cupcake Cone - Very Easy

Back in the 80s, I was a child.  I missed out on the AquaNet and puffy prom dresses since I was still in elementary school.   In my 80s, growing up in Connecticut, you were only cool if you had a My Little Pony lunchbox and had your mom make Cupcake Cones for your birthday.  I didn't have neither, so I was a loser.


But now I am a Homemaker - so hear me roar all you spoiled brats of Southern Connecticut who had everything.  I am just as awesome as your mom and then some, for I have perfected the cupcake cone.  I have no idea what I will do with this skill - seeing as my children's school district has "outlawed" food for birthdays.  Yeah - kids can't bring in food for celebrations anymore.  It sucks. 

So making the cupcake cone is wicked easy.

Make your cupcakes out of the box like every good white trash mom.  Fill 24 of those suckers up.  Now, before you throw them in your oven, just throw an ice cream cone on each one.  Bake at 350 for 16-22 minutes.  Then, you have your Cupcake Cone.  This is one recipe where it pays to not over fill the cupcake tins.  I used cupcake wrappers and just pulled them off after they were done cooling.  Then I just put in store bought, canned frosting into a decorator bag and cut a hole in it.  I tried to make it look like "soft serve" and then threw some sprinkles on it.  Wicked Easy.  Kind of trashy, but that's why they are so good.  

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm going to have to try this recipe! Love it :)