Saturday, February 25, 2012

"Organizing My Crap": Toss & Donate - I Did The 3 Pile Thing, and it WORKED!

I tackled another attic storage spot.  I wish I took a before picture, but I just saw it and went to work.  When I first started, this thing was full of stuff.  Completely smashed.  I took it all out and went through it all.  I had three piles - a.  Donate to Goodwill, b.  Trash, c.  Keep.  Thankfully, my Donate & Trash were both much bigger than my "keep" pile.  After cleaning up the Insulation Dust Bunnies that fell and secured the insulation back up, I organized all my "Keep" stuff and voila:


It went from being 100% full to about 1/3 full.  I love it.  

This closet area was the hardest for me to fix up - the back corner was completely open to the eves so I threw insulation in there - but I was convinced that a bat or squirrel was going to come out and attack me.  There's no signs that we have animals living in our house and the "bat man" did come and "bat-proof" our house - but I have this odd fear of wild animals.  Luckily, no animals attacked me and now with my sheeting - I don't think anything is getting in there.  Actually - my cats used to like in there and "walk around the eves of our house".  I was always waiting for them to somehow fall out of the roof - but they didn't.  They're both really mad I closed up their little hiding hole.  

No comments: