Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"What the Heck Do I Have in my Cabinets" Recipe: Easy Crockpot Pork


I love buying Barbecue Sauce.  I love eating Barbecue Sauce.  I know - odd, right?  So I had half a bottle of BBQ in the refrigerator and this bottle of BBQ sauce in my cabinet that actually expires in January 2012.  Let's use that sucker up!

This is the easiest recipe in the world.  Seriously.  If you screw this up, well then, there is no hope for you.  Sorry.  I just tell it like it is.  

Throw some BBQ sauce in a crock pot to cover bottom.  Throw some pork in that crockpot.  I used a 2 lbs pork roast this go around.  But you can use anything you can get your hands on.  Then you pour the rest of the BBQ sauce on top.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours.  Nothing like handling raw pork at 8am!  If you are a slacker, and don't get around to it until noon time - I just start it on high for about 2 hours and then turn to low for the last 3 and some change.  

The pork will sort of shred.  So you can either shred it all or cut big chunks off for everyone.  I like to serve over a bed of rice - or you can compliment with egg noodles or pasta.  

No comments: