Saturday, January 14, 2012

"What the Heck Do I Have in my Cabinets" Recipe: Tasty Bean Dip

We had a craving for some "junky snacks".  We had a bag and a half of tortilla chips in the house.  One time, a friend of mine shared a delicious recipe with me:  Heat 1 can of Hormel Chili with 1 package of Philly Cream Cheese.  Then dip chips in it and watch your hips expand.  That is by far the best thing ever.  Thanks Celeste!Anyways - although we have a can of chili in the cabinets - we have no cream cheese.  Ugh.

Off to Allrecipes.  I found a gem of a recipe using the Ingredient Search feature!  It's called Zesty Bean Dip.

Simple:

1 can refried beans
1.25 oz of taco seasoning (I have a huge thing from BJ's that I picked up a while back)
1 tomato, chopped (I used a canned of diced tomatoes)
Cheddar Cheese.

Heat the beans, tomatoes & taco seasoning for a while.  Then put it in a bowl and cover with cheese.  I popped ours in the microwave a little to melt the cheese.

The whole family loved this recipe - even the 5 & 4 year-old.  If you control the cheese - it's actually pretty healthy.

No comments: