Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Saving Money Challenge: Make Something With What You've Got

As I was continuing to clean out my attic, I found some scrap military themed felt.  Don't ask why.  So I thought I would do something with it.

I made a little blanket really quick for the kids.  I quilted the felt pieces together and then used a random fleece blanket that I just had laying my attic for years as a backing.  My 4 year-old loves it and uses it to "put his stuffed animals to bed".  Then my 5 year-old steals it and cuddles with it.

Regardless - I gave this stuff new life.



Is it perfect?  No.  Do the kids love it?  Yes.  So check your attic - you might have no idea what hidden treasures you have in there.

This post is partially inspired by the group challenge Precious started at Frugal Makes Cents.

No comments: