Monday, January 23, 2012

Occupy My Wallet: Day 22

First, I just want to say that I don't give a crap about the Patriots.  Is that bad?  It's the only thing people are talking about here.  I don't get it.  A bunch of dudes who aren't even from New England all teamed up and won a game.  Actually - I think there's about 53 people on the Patriots lineup and only 5 have New England ties.  All this football hoopla might be a little more interesting if the players actually came from the state/region they are playing for.  That's just me.   I hope I don't get beat up for admitting that.

Well regardless, I didn't spend any money yesterday.  We did partake in some free fun - 2 hours of sledding.  Can't be two hours of free entertainment.  9 more days of the month!  I think I'm going to continue my cheap streak and keep going with trying to Occupy My Wallet past January.  I like it.  I've gone 22 days so far without buying any material objects - I did hit up Old Navy but paid in all rewards (so no money spent and the stuff went as a gift to someone).  I do have an Old Navy Groupon I have to use by the 31st so I'll take advantage of that.  I also have Staples Rewards to use, but they don't expire until February 29th.

In case you missed it - my whole "Occupy My Wallet" movement is my own personal one where I want to actually save money and protest buying crap that I don't need.  I'm not blaming others for my own poorness - no, I just have to admit that I buy a lot of crap that I really don't need.  Maybe if I stop that, then my life will be less chaotic and I should start taking joy in the stuff that I actually have and not stuff that I want.

That is all.  

No comments: