Friday, January 20, 2012

Occupy My Wallet: Day 19

I did not do good today.  Spent $127 - but, no material possessions which is pretty much the main goal of this whole "don't spend money" kick I'm on.

So my phone broke.  After weighing my options - I figured just getting it fixed at the Apple Store was my best solution.  I heard rumors of people getting their phones fixed for free, half price, etc. etc.  I paid $100.  Whatever.  I saw things on the internet that people have gotten charged $250.  I've seen people get it done for free.  I broke it, I paid for it, and I don't care - it's fixed.  It goes back to that whole "I'm actually lazy, so whatever I have to pay, just get it done."

After dropping $100 on my phone, I headed for some grocery therapy at Whole Foods.  I must have been sniffing glue or something.  Anyways - got some perishables and let the 4 year-old buy a box of Bunny Crackers.  He loves cheese crackers.  Since he was a good sport in the Apple store, he deserved to get rewarded.

It also made me realize something: I don't know if my husband and I are weird - but whenever we make a substantial purchase (i.e. furniture, cars, houses, huge home improvement buys, etc. etc) - well, we always have to go out to eat.  I don't know if we're just mentally exhausted, or what.  And usually at dinner, after spending way too much on whatever we just bought - we talk about how we need to start saving money back up.  Maybe we just figure "What's an extra $50?" or maybe we're subconsciously celebrating.  It just always happens.  No questions asked.

No comments: