Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shaw's Summertime Destination Promo - UPDATE - Got My Tickets!

So on June something (some Friday) - Shaw's started a promo where if you buy 8 things, you can mail in your reciept to get 2 tickets to some featured destination.  There were 9 destinations in total and you had to number them 1-9 in order.  I ran out to Shaw's and bought my 8 things and my 8 things only that Friday. 

Unfortunately, I slacked and didn't mail the rebate until Monday - wanted to do it Saturday.  Story Land was my number 1 choice.  York's Wild Kingdom was #2.  Today, I got 2 tickets to York's Wild Kingdom!  Watch out kids - looks like we're going to be hitting up Maine sometime this summer!  The tickets are normally $21.75 - so a great savings and it looks like a great place based on their website.  Apparently it's less than 80 miles from where I live - huh!  Who knew Maine was so close? 

We're going to Story Land this August so it would have been nice to have those tickets - but oh well!  You win some, you lose some.  And now I'm kind of excited to plan a day trip!  Many thanks to Shaw's for this promo!

How did everyone else make out on this promo?  I'm surprised I got the tickets so soon. 

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

We're less than 65 miles from that place - I'm really curious to hear what you think of it!

Have you been to Storyland before? Have any advice? We're thinking of taking the kids this summer...

Patty said...

Been to both StoryLand and York's Wild Kingdom, both are lots of fun, and much closer for me being in NH and all! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah Patty - we're ditching Cape Cod for NH this year. Tax free up in your neck of the woods! ;)

I haven't been MaryAnne - We're planning on doing Story Land, Santa's Village & Clark's Trading Post. What we are doing for Santa's Village is getting there just after 3pm our first day (they close at 6) - if you arrive within 3 hours of closing at SL or SV, they give you a voucher to come back for free admission within 7 days or something. So we'll go back the next day for the full day. Make sense?