Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stop & Shop Trip

Now I know why I never take a picture of my groceries on the counter top...

Total Before Savings:  $171.25
Total S&S Savings:  $59.70
Total Coupon Savings:  $15.75
Cash OOP:  $95.80


Highlights:

4 Hillshire Farms TURKEY Kielbasa - BOGO Free @ $4.39 ea (2 $1/2 MFCs) $$1.70 ea (2 oz. equals 2 WW points)

3 Sargento Cheeses - $2.50 ea (1 $1/2 MFC and 1 $1/1 MFC)

20 Yoplait Yogurts - .50 ea (3 FREE MFCs & a $2 CAT for buying 20)

Dole Apple Crisp Thing - $2 in the fruit isle ($1/1 MFC from paper) $1.  This is AWESOME!  I love apple desserts.  3 WW points.

2 Weight Watcher Ice Cream Cups - $2.50 ea (.75/2 MFC from WW book some week...this DOUBLES) $3.50 for 2 packs

Weight Watcher Cream Cheese - $2 ($1/1 MFC from Weight Watchers booklet) $1

Trop50 OJ - $3 (2 $1/1 MFCs from paper) $2 ea

Jiffy Pop Healthy Pop - $2 ($1/2 MFC from WW booklet) $1.50 ea (1 point per bag)

Dole Fruit Cups - $2 ea ($.75/2 MFC from All You Magazine DOUBLES) $2.50 for 2

3 Weight Watchers Yogurts - .75 ea (B2G1 Free MFC from Weight Watchers Book) .50 cents ea (1 point ea)

I bought 8 packs of "meat" that had coupons on them.  My favorite find was some Spinach and Feta Chicken Sausage.  Each link is 3 points.  Combine 1 link with 2 oz. dry whole wheat (or high fiber pasta) and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce or other vegetable based thing, then you have an awesome dinner that's about 7 points. 

So I was really happy with my first major Stop & Shop purchase.  I bought mostly "good" crap as I have for the past few months.  I don't know if Mondays are magic days - but there were SO MANY packs of meat with $2 peelies on them.  A lot of them were like $3.something - so it was like a dollar and some change for meat.  I just weigh it and ziploc baggie it up and stick it all in the freezer when I get home.  Obviously I don't buy meat that looks all skanky - but a lot of it looks fine.  Something to keep your eye open for if you are out and about. 

No comments: