Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How this Weight Watcher Thing Is Going....

So yeah.  I joined Weight Watchers at the start of the new year.  I've been going, religiously.  I did start going to one meeting for the first couple of weeks - but it was packed.  Jammed packed.  People standing.  Too many people makes me all frustrated.  So I switched my days and now I love it.  It's not as crowded and equally as rewarding.  It's chock full of older people who chat about how they try to save all their points to drink wine on the weekends and make jokes about how people who can honestly eat just one slice of pizza have problems. 

Well anyways - these 15 strangers have kept me motivated.  In the past 6 weeks, I've lost 10.2 lbs.  I don't really talk about it on the blog - but I do update Facebook with my weekly weight gain or loss.  Since my initial goal was to lose between 20 - 25 lbs, I guess I can safely safe that I'm pretty much half way there.  I doubt it will only take me 6 weeks to get to that goal - I'm thinking more like 12 weeks - which puts me at the most appropriate day to reach a goal for myself - Mother's Day! 

My grocery budget isn't out of control - in fact, I think I'm doing pretty good considering I've seen some success on the scale.  So how is this Weight Watcher thing going so far?  I say "Outfreakinstanding."

 

2 comments:

Kellie said...

congrats, Becky! And you still get to enjoy your half and half!!! :) I lost 40 lbs with WW but have gained about 10 back... i need to get back on the wagon, which I am still paying for!!!! (what a waste!)

Celeste said...

Whoohoo!