Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Great, Frugal, Environmental-Friendly Christmas Gift Idea



A friend of mine on Facebook had the sweetest status update.  I have to share it!  She is painting her childhood dollhouse and will be giving it to her 3 year-old for Christmas this year.  I just think this is wonderful!  It's a great example of how you don't need to spend a lot of money and still have an outstanding Christmas for your wee little ones.  Not only will it bring her and her husband together to do something really nice for their daughter, but her daughter will love it just as much as a brand new dollhouse.  In years to come, she'll probably learn to cherish it even more when she learns that it was once "Mommy's" dollhouse.  It's frugal, environmentally friendly, and a true gift that comes from the heart. 

I love ideas like this...in the words of Linus Van Pelt, "That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown!" 

Are you planning anything spectacular like this for Christmas?  It kind of made me think outside the box - so I went to my attic.  I remember when I was pregnant with my first son, I started crocheting a blanket.  So I found it and finished it off.  I don't know who I am going to give it to, but it's now in my pile of stuff to wrap. 

1 comment:

Katy Shamitz said...

I found a wooden rocking horse in someone's trash last year0 it's in great shape, except the handle needs fixing. No biggie! A little paint, and this horsey will be perfect for Jennie. :)