Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CVS Trip!

Total Before Savings: $14.15
Total Coupons Used: $4.50
Cash OOP: $4.78

1 Trial Size Arm & Hammer Toothpaste - 1 cent
2 Glade Scented Oil Refills - $2.50 ($1/2 MFC) $2 ea
1 Glade Scented Oil Warmer - $1.49 (MFC for Free one - Cashier took off $2.50 instead of $1.49...as God's my witness, I told her to only take off $1.49 - but she insisted I get $2.50 off.)
1 Glade Oil Candles - $2.50

- I didn't earn my ECBs on this trip because I wanted to get the $5 thingys but they were all out. So I went to another CVS and they too were all out. I have my third CVS to hit up today to try. If they don't have them, I'll just give up and grab one more candle to earn my ECBs.

- I seriously told the cashier to give me just $1.49 off (I had a coupon that said you get a Free Warmer with any Glade Scented Oil Refill purchase." I think she said something along the lines of "why are you trying to cheat yourself out of a $1." Lady. I was trying to help CVS and be a good person for once in my life. Oh well. My win. Stuff like this happens occassionally - that's why when couponing doesn't go as well as intended, it's not worth it to fight about. Is it worth it to fight over a .50 cent coupon that didn't double at the grocery store? No. Just remember sometimes coupon mistakes happen in your favor and in the grand scheme of things, they all sort of even out.

No comments: