Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thank Goodness for the Easter Ham!

With still over a week to go this month, I'm dangerously close to my "goal" of $416 to spend on groceries this month. I'm hoping we can live mostly on what we have in the house so I don't have to buy that much. Last night, I found some leftover ham from Easter in the freezer. I defrosted it and heated it up some - it was delcious! I also prepared a box of Scallopped Potatoes and Cheesey Broccolli - What a great dinner I made!

Have you ever found great finds in your freezer? I've been freezing a lot lately. I have a gazzillion hamburger and hot dog rolls in my freezer (since I buy them at BJ's - we rarely eat them all before they go bad, so I just pop them in my freezer). I also have a bunch of asparagus in there. I love my freezer.

1 comment:

SavvySuzie said...

I adore my freezer too! I just took inventory last week and I found a bunch of frozen meat - jackpot! Don't you love happy surprises like that? :)