Total Before Savings: $71.28
Total Preferred Savings: $22.70
Total Coupons Used: $14.20
Cash OOP: $33.38
OYNP Coupons Received: $15.00
2.09 Bottom Round Steak - $4.16
1 Shaw's Hot Dog Rolls - $1.67
Shaw's Hamburger Rolls - $1.67
Wacky Mac - $1.25 (.75/1 MFC Doubled!) Money Maker of .25 cents!
5 Shaw's Spaghetti - .88 ea ($1/5 Shaw's Coupon) .68 cents ea
2 Tostito's Chips - $2.50 ea ($1/2 Shaw's Coupon) $2 ea
2 Tostito's Salsa - $2.50 ea (BOGO Free Peelie right there) $1.25 ea
2 Florida Natural OJ - $2.47 ea
Back Page Catalina Deal
2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks - Reg. Price - $2.99 ea, Sale - $2.50 ea ($1/2 at Coupons.com)
3 Lipton To-Gos - Reg. Price - $3.25, Sale - $2.50 ea (3 .60/1 MFCs from the Newspaper)
4 Suddenly Salads - Reg. Price - $2.59, Sale - $1.33 ea (1 .50/2 MFC DOUBLES, 2 .40/1 from Coupons.com)
1 Chex Mix - Reg. Price - $2.69, Sale - $1.67 (.50/1 from Coupons.com)
Pre Sale Price: $28.78
Sale Price: $19.49
Coupons Used: $8.50
Cash OOP: $10.99
Cats Received: $15 (**See below as to why**)
Things I have learned:
- So when I originally checked out, the BC Fruit Snacks didn't ring up on sale. They rang up at $2.99 ea and I only got a $5 cat. So I went to the service desk. I told them the fruit snacks didn't ring up on sale and I very nicely said, "Well since they weren't in the system for being on sale, they didn't count towards my $25 purchase so I think I should have gotten a $10 cat instead of a $5." The girl was so nice and apologized. She told me to give her an item that I knew was part of the CAT. So I gave her a box of Suddenly Salad. She told a guy to ring up enough to hit $15 so a $5 would be produced. Well he did that -but a $10 was produced. (PSP probably...). So she gave me my $1 back and the $10. I even asked her if she wanted the $5 OYNP back since I was only entitled to $10. She told me to keep it apologized for my inconvenience. That is like super dooper great customer service. A+++ for my girl Noel. She hooked me up and was SO VERY NICE about it.
- If you are doing this cat - be care of the Transformers fruit snacks. They aren't ringing up on sale.
- I used to say that I hate going shopping on a Saturday, but my poor little Shaw's was pretty dead yesterday.
- I'm trying to be a good little grocery blogger and putting the links to the coupons I used from the internetz...So I did that up above. To make this easy - I usually get 90% of my internet coupons from Shaws.com, Coupons.com and Smartsource.com. Every now and then, I'll grab a coupon from a manufacturer website or something of that nature.
- Just remember too - if your CATs don't print out because something wasn't inputted on sale, don't be mean to the customer service people! Ask really nicely - when the guy manually entered in the Suddenly Salads and got a $10 back, he said to the girl, "I only did like $16 - but it spit out a $10 CAT." And the girl said "Oh that's weird." Even the workers at Shaw's don't know that these Catalina deals use Pre-Sale prices to generate the coupons. If you don't get your Cat - you are still getting an AMAZING deal! And this deal is doubly awesome because even if you make a mistake - like only buy $24 PSP (like I have done many a time in the past...) - you'll get a back up of $5 OYNP! That's awesome!