Monday, October 15, 2012

Cheap, Pantry Dinner! (Homemade Chicken Helper)

When the going gets tough, the tough go to their cupboards.  I whipped up a meal tonight by "winging" it and it actually came out decent.  It was like homemade Chicken Helper.


Everything I used, I found in the cupboards or freezer

8 oz. of chicken breast.  Cooked and cut up in pieces.
9 oz. of DRY egg noodles
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
2 1/2 cups of water
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen carrots

1. Bring Cream of Chicken, water and onion powder to a boil.  
2.  Stir in noodles, vegetables and cooked chicken.
3.  Stir often to prevent burnage.  If you think it is too dry, add some more water.
4.  Pepper it.  With some black pepper.
5.  After about 15 minutes (or when you taste the noodles and they are cooked), it is done.
6.  Serve and feel proud.  

I pretty much combined two recipes that I found online.  I made this in a pot.  It didn't take long.  The four of us ate almost the whole thing.  I will make this again.  

I hope to find a few more recipes I can utilize this week using the crap I find in my cabinets.  If I find anything good, I will post.  (Hint:  if you are Jewish, you might be in for a great treat!!!)

No comments: