Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm $255 Poorer

Holy Moly.  Why thank you lucky number 959378.  It was picked for the NYC Marathon today and oh yeah, it was associated with my name.  


If you don't know - the NYC Marathon probably got about 125,000 requests from non-guaranteed runners (i.e. fast people, charity runners, etc.).  I think they pick about 18,000-20,000 people from this lottery pool.  I don't know specifically.  Maybe I should look into it before stating these facts that I'm making up off the top of my head.  47,000 people run the race in November.  That fact, I know.    


I don't think I was ever happy to see such a large amount deducted from my checking account.  Looking forward to the big event and training for it.  Running is great.  It's essentially free because you can just open your door and go for a run.  Minus the cost of running sneakers and apparel, that is.  

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Congratulations!

Nancy G said...

Congratulations............time to hit the pavement.