Monday, February 6, 2012

"What the Heck Do I have in my Cabinets" Recipe: Brunch Cake

I had this can of Solo Strawberry filling in my cabinets since the holidays.  I thought I was going to do something with it but I never did.  It's just been bothering me up there looking at me.  

So I went to the Solo website and found a recipe for "Brunch Cake".  This actually made me nervous because there is no baking soda or baking powder listed.  But whatever - I made it according to the directions anyways and I have to say - it came out great:


It doesn't look great - but it tastes great.  It doesn't look at all like the picture on the webpage:


But again, it tastes great and I am happy.  I'll have to keep this recipe on file in case I ever get these cans at a cheap price (they're $3.29 at the store, but go on sale for $3.  Yikes!  But if I ever see them for cheaper, I'll scoop them up).    

No comments: