Monday, February 20, 2012

"Saving Money Challenge": Save Recyclables for Future Use

My kids love Danimal Yogurt Smoothies.  They come in a package of 6 and each smoothie is only 3 ounces.  So they both drink 3 at one time.  Yeah - that is NOT economically feasible for my poor ass.
This is what they look like:



But I have learned that I can just make them smoothies, save the containers, and they drink to their hearts content without me whining, "You know how expensive those things are!" and "What!!!  Another one!  Heavens!"



First, if you don't know how to make a smoothie - it's easy.  If I can do it, anyone can.  I just take one container of yogurt (if I was even cheaper, I'd buy yogurt by the 32 oz. or even make it.  I'm not that motivated when it comes to dealing with yogurt though), a banana, some frozen strawberries and some milk.  Blend it for a minute or two.


Then you have it:  A Smoothie.  And I have my old Danimals containers to put said smoothie in.  It makes my kids happy, it makes me happy for being cheap, and it makes me look ghetto fabulous by storing recyclables in my kitchen cabinets.  

No comments: