Sunday, February 19, 2012

Saving Money Challenge: Make Your Kids Play with Garbage

We recently bought a toilet.  This came in two big boxes.  The kids, like always, were obsessed with these boxes.  They sell cardboard boxes that are "playhouses" at Michael's and other great shops like that.  They are sold from anywhere from $20-$40.  I don't get it.  They look like this:






I mean, sure they look cute and pretty - but I just don't understand why someone would buy cardboard.  Of course, I buy a lot of stupid crap myself.  Just not cardboard.


Anyways - so I gave the box and another one to my sons.  They LOVED it.  I think this was three weeks ago and they still are playing with them.  My house looks like a dump most days anyways - so the cardboard motif just fits in.


Homemade Angry Bird house with toilet boxes!  Yahoo!  FREE and Eco-Friendly.  

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

My kids LOVE doing this! My 5yo says, "We play with trash all day!" Classy =)