Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Occupy My Wallet: Day 31!!! I Made It!

Well the month of January is now over.  My goal for that month was to not buy any material possessions.  So, how did I do?

This is what I purchased that was "materialistic" in nature:

-  3 new light fixtures for the kitchen.  The husband did this.
-  1 new toilet.
-  2 cans of paint.
-  2 boys' outfits at Old Navy as a birthday gift (used Rewards and spent no money)
-  5 boys' shirts & 1 Angry Bird at Old Navy (used Groupon purchased in 2011 and spent .55 cents out of pocket)
-  2 hand weights at Sears.  Used gift card and paid $0 out of pocket.

I think that is it.  I didn't buy anything else.  I think it's pretty good.  The light fixtures and toilet replaced old things - so that's not "too materialistic" - I'm just trying to keep the random crap out of the house.

I did spend $30.59 at CVS yesterday but that's okay.  I needed it.

I'm going to keep going through February with my "Occupy My Wallet" Challenge.  It's really just a bigger awareness of what I'm spending and trying to figure out if I really need the crap that I think I need.

No comments: