Monday, January 23, 2012

"What the Heck Do I have in my Cabinets" Recipe: Taco Casserole!

I took pictures of my cabinet findings for this one - but accidentally deleted them.  This one was from the website:

Fantastic Taco Casserole. Photo by *Parsley*

I made this Taco Casserole and it was EPIC!  Absolutely awesome.  The kids, the husband and I both loved it.  For the most part, I followed THIS RECIPE from Food.com.  The only things I did differently was I added some frozen corn to the beef after it was browned and I didn't use a full 2 cups of cheese - probably about 1 1/2 cups (trying to watch the hips shrink and not expand).  Oh - and I didn't cook it with the corn chips.  Just sprayed the pan then did the bean mixture and topped with beef and cheese.  I served it with soft tortillas and corn chips.  Oh and I skipped the olives because I knew my family wouldn't eat it if it contained olives.

Definitely a keeper.

No comments: