Thursday, January 19, 2012

"What the Heck Do I Have in my Cabinets" Recipe: Rice Krispie Chicken


In the depths of my cabinets - I found a bag of Rice Krispies that had about 2 cups of cereal left in it.  I don't even know the last time I bought Rice Krispies.  I'm sure this crap expired - but I opened it and it still had some crunch to it.  But it grossed me out to a point where I wasn't going to eat a bowl of it.  So I did the next best thing:  I made baked chicken with it.  

I found THIS GREAT RECIPE from RiceKrispies.com and got to work.  I scaled it down a bit - but still used the egg, 3/4 cup milk & 3/4 cup flour to make the coating.  I just scaled down the chicken and Rice Krispies.  

I really liked the recipe.  The husband was on the fence - he just doesn't really dig chicken on the bone that much and I secretly love it.  So every now and then I just tell him it was too good a deal to pass up.  I buy chicken on the bone about 2 times a year.  He's a chicken snob and only really likes boneless, skinless breast.  I am a cannibal and need a little meat straight from the bone from time to time.  

No comments: