Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saving Money Challenge: Learn To Love The Frozen Meatball

Ahhh - meatballs.  I love meatballs.  I love time.  That is why I have learned, as a homemaker, to truly love frozen meatballs.  Now don't tell anyone, but I secretly like making most food from scratch.  No seriously.  My mother is probably reading this and is thinking "WHAT!"  But I do.  Mashed potatoes, flavored rice, etc. etc.  It's not that hard and I like it.  


But there is one thing that I just think is splendid:  The frozen meatball.  I personally recommend buying frozen meatballs at BJ's.  A 5 pound bag is only $9.99.  That's $2 a pound for meatballs.  You just throw them in a saucepan with sauce and let simmer for about 25 minutes and voila, they are done.  Or you can throw them in a crockpot for 6-8 hours and you have nice tender meatballs.  


Now if you are one of those organic freaks - that's okay.  I won't judge you.  You can buy frozen organic meatballs at Trader Joe's, Whole Foods & the Fresh Market.  Sure, you'll pay more than us schlubs eating who knows what in our meatballs - but you still save time and time is money.  


So if you haven't jumped on the frozen meatball bandwagon, I highly recommend you check it out.

This post is partially inspired by the group challenge Precious started at Frugal Makes Cents.

1 comment:

Jen Fitz said...

such a timely post. . .my frozen meatballs are simmering away right now. i agree. . .there is much to love about the frozen meatball!