Sunday, January 1, 2012

Occupy My Wallet: Day 1

Occupy My Wallet was a success today!  I spent $30 on gas and $1 on a lotto ticket (my mother made me do it and now it's just sitting in my wallet.  I don't know what that was all about.)  Oh and $4.02 on 2 Dunkin' Donuts coffees but I put that on a gift card the husband has.

For those who don't know - I'm trying to un-poor myself.  I'm doing this with the old saying "If you don't have the money, don't buy it."  I don't have any money so I'm trying to just stick to buying gas, groceries & food (can't take the take out away from the horrible homemaker!).  So hence, my movement, "Occupy My Wallet".

In other news, I do have a $19.99 Sears gift card, a $50 Dunkin' Donuts gift card, a $20 Groupon to Old Navy & something else.  I forgot.

Highlights of my life this week will be to try to organize and plan meals according to the crap in my cabinets, un-Christmas my life and go to the gym - if I'm paying for the membership, I might as well use it daily.

So many wishes for a Happy New Year and for you to not fail at your resolutions until at least February.

No comments: