Friday, December 30, 2011

Preventative Maintenance is Key!

Little known fact:  I met my husband at diesel mechanic school.  For real.  It was love at first site while we were slaving over a greasy & smelly 5-ton truck.  Oh the good old days.  How I miss them.

Fast forward 13 years later.  I'm no longer any sort of mechanic.  The once boytoy of my mechanic days is now my husband.  He's still sort of a mechanic of a different breed.

Anyways.  What's the point of this?  Oh yes.  My husband is extremely anal about automotive maintenance.  He yells at me every chance I get if I don't get my oil changed on time.  He drops insane cash getting the 30K, 60K, 90K, 120K, etc. etc. services done.

As much as I hate to admit it (because I rarely ever have to) - he is really right about being anal over maintenance.  Our lovely Jeep Liberty is about to turn 8 years old and it's never had a problem.  The only time that beloved gray beauty has been man-handled by a mechanic is by getting it's oil change or tires rotated.  Sure, we got new tires for it - but that just comes with owning a car.

I'm going to go knock on wood now - I'll probably break down over the weekend.


No comments: