Friday, June 24, 2011

Massachusetts Farmers Markets are Opening!

Just a quick shout out to my area Farmers Markets - a lot of them are opening this weekend - if they haven't already.  My two favorite - Quincy Center (Friday afternoons) & Weymouth (Saturday mornings) are superb to check out.  If you aren't cool and don't live in Quincy or Weymouth - check out your local Mass Farmers Market Here.  You can also check them out on Facebook

The quality of produce at stores kind of sucks.  Well it can.  This year I have noticed it.  Prices at Farmers Markets aren't that bad.  I'm not one of these crazy vegetable ladies who whips up oddities with ingredients the typical Peg Bundy doesn't understand - I usually stick to things like tomatoes, peppers, corn, cucumbers and watermelon.  Apples are also great (and not that pricey) at Farmers Markets.  You can also score great deals on seafood and baked goods at most of them.

So if you haven't check any out - you should.  Makes for a fun time for the kids.  Also - many of the Mass Farmers Markets take WIC and other food stamp type programs.  In addition, I know Quincy is starting a program this year that will accept credit cards through some of the vendors. 

So go.  Farmer Market.  Be trendy - you know, like me.

No comments: