Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another $21 down on the Grocery Budget!

Ran to Target yesterday.  Grabbed some impulse groceries:

1 pkg of Cheese Sticks - $3.39
1 pkg of Dum Dums - $2
1 box of Trix - $2.99

Total:  $8.38

Ran to Shaw's this evening.  I told the boys we'd make pizza for dinner but we were out of cheese.  I wanted some of the $1 veggies too.  Sadly, both of my boys fell asleep on the ride home.  Not sure if them going to sleep at 6pm is going to mean a 9 pm wake up - or if they'll just sleep all night.  Hoping for the later.

Total Before Savings:  $22.41
Total Preferred Savings:  $9.56
Coupons:  0!
Cash OOP:  $12.85

4 Sargento Shredded Cheeses - $1.99 ea (got a little carried away, huh?)
1 bag of carrots - .89
2 packs of mushrooms - $1 ea (I have an obsession with cooked, fresh mushrooms these days.  I will never buy canned mushrooms again)
3 pack Tomatoes - $1
Cole Slaw mix - $1 (they were out of the lettuce shreds.  I wanted something shredded.  I don't know why.  I dig shredded things)

I've already spent $126 this month on groceries and it's only the 3rd!  We'll see how the rest of the shortest month of the year pans out.

No comments: