I just wanted to give you an example of the things I cut coupons for. If you're looking to eat healthy, January is a great time for "healthy" coupons. Of course, my version of healthy is someone else's version of junk food. Here are the coupons I cut from today's paper:
$1/1 Yoplait Frozen Smoothie (the husband)
$1/1 Fiber One Muffins
$1/1 Fiber One Pancake Mix
$1/1 Fiber One Yogurt
$1/4 Progresso Soups
$1/2 Green Giant Steamers
$1/3 Green Giant Boxes
2 Yoplait "Buy 6, Get 1 Free"
$1/2 Special K
$1/1 Uncle Ben's Rice
$1/2 Penn. Dutch Egg Noodles
$1/5 Campbell's Condensed Soups
$1/10 Campbell's Condensed (Tomato & Chicken Noodle)
$1/4 Campbell's Select Harvest Soups
$1/4 Campbell's Healthy Request
$1/2 Chunky Soups
$1/2 Healthy Harvest
$1/2 Sargento Cheese Snacks
.55/1 Healthy Ones Lunch Meat
.50/1 Gordon's Grilled Fish
$1/2 Boca Burgers
$2/Crystal Light & 100 Cal. Snacks
$1/10 Dannon Yogurts
$1/2 Healthy Choice Soups
$1/2 Healthy Choice Frozen Meals
$1/1 Tyson Grilled & Ready product
$1/1 DiGiorno 200 cal. Pizza
$1/2 Jennie-O Turkey products
$1/2 Barilla Plus Pasta
$1/1 Fiber One Cottage Cheese
Okay. So there you have it. Now am I running to Shaw's tomorrow to buy all this crap? No. Truth be told, I'll probably toss half of these coupons when they pass their expiration date. Somethings I probably will use - the Yoplait & Dannon yogurt ones for sure. Most of these don't expire for over a month - so the key to really save at the grocery store is to use these coupons on these products when the product is on sale. The 200 Cal DiGiorno thing - I probably won't buy that unless it goes on sale for like $2 - which is unlikely. But I'll allow it to sit in my bin for a month to rot away. Just some wishful thinking on my part.
Which ones would work this week at Shaw's?
- Dannon Yogurt - .40 cents ea on sale. $1/10 makes them .30 ea. - I think these are normally about .80 ea not on sale.
- Campbell's Condensed Soup - .69 ea on sale. $1/10 or $1/5 (not sure which varieties are on sale), makes these .49 or .59 ea. These are normally $1 or $1.50 ea (depending on variety)
- Progresso Soup - .99 ea. $1/4 makes them .74 ea. These are $2.50 not on sale.
- Crystal Light & 100 Cal. Packs - Crystal Light is $2. 100 cal Packs are $1.99. $1 ea with the $2 coupon. Both over $3 not on sale.
- Fiber One Pancake Mix - $3.29. $1/1 makes it $2.29. This might be the normal price - I have no idea.
- Special K Cereal - $2.50. $1/2 makes it $2 a box. Normal price is probably in the high $3s or $4s.
Remember too, it's not a good deal if you aren't even going to eat the products - $1 for a thing of Crystal Light is a great deal - but if you don't drink it, you just flushed a buck down Shaw's toilet.