Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Get a Free Pound of Dunkin Donuts Coffee!
Now anyone can go to the Red Cross website and see the benefits of donating blood (i.e. saving lives, helping up to 3 people with your donation, etc.). But what are some other benefits?
- If you have kids, it's a good reason to escape them for an hour, hour and a half.
- You meet some interesting people.
- Almost every month they have some promo.
- You get free cookies, juice and water.
- Your blood gets tested for things like HIV and other diseases. All for free. And they'll let you know if you pop positive for something.
- You learn if you have strong veins or not. I do not. Usually they can hardly find them.
- You can laugh at the people who are too impatient to wait and bother the workers (if you never donated before, it might be a good idea to bring a book, magazine or have a fancy phone where you can goof off in case of a line).
- Last nice, I was nice to one of the donors and she told me some area places she has done her son's birthday parties that aren't too expensive - with reviews and prices. This information is priceless.
- A pint of blood (the amount that you give) weighs just over a pound. Instant weight loss people!
So go my friends. Donate. Drink Coffee. Love Life!