Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Creative, Cheap, Advent Calendar!


Yo!  Hope you guys are all doing great out there, scoring yourselves some great bargains.  We, on the other hand, are just hanging out, trying to not spend money.  I've sort of banned myself from all stores other than Shaw's and BJ's until the husband goes back to work.  I just don't want to be tempted by the wonderful bargains out there. 

Well here I am.  Sharing something that I just thought of yesterday.  A "do-it-yourself" advent calendar if you will.  I have to say, I'm very inspired my Mama Smiles (well, she will forever be known as Thrifty Craft Mama in my book).  Last night, I went to THIS WEBSITE and printed out 24 coloring sheets.  Then I went to THIS WEBSITE and printed out the letters for "Merry Christmas" and proceeded to cut them out of construction paper and tape them to my wall.  Everyday, my 3 year-old colors a coloring page, then we write the number of the day on it, and hang it on our kitchen wall.  He knows that when we have 24 pictures on the wall, Santa will come!  It's kind of good for him, because he sort of only knows up to 20 for numbers.  Maybe this will boost him into the 20s. 

I'll try to throw up another picture of our advent wall around the 14th and after Christmas.  My 3 year-old is very excited about coloring his picture everyday. 

1 comment:

maryanne said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I like your idea of finding pictures and printing them out all at once rather than remembering to do it every day, and your letters look great!