Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How Much Did Dinner Cost?

The past two nights, we ate the same thing.  I was thinking about how frugal I was - making something last night and eating the leftovers tonight (well I made new spaghetti!).  I wonder how much I spent on it though....

1 lbs of Johnsonville Ground Sausage - 2 for $5 ($1/2 MFC) - $2
1 box of Barilla Pasta - $7.59 for 8 at BJ's - .95 cents
1 1/2 jars of Ragu pasta sauce - With all the OYNP coupons, these were practically free, but I'll say .50 cents ea - .75
4 pieces of Wonder Bread each night - 7.5 cents a slice, so... .60 cents

We did use some practically free "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" and some grated Parmesan Cheese, but since I over estimated the pasta sauce, I'll throw that cost in there.

Total for both nights:  $4.30

Each Night:  $2.15 total for 2 adults and 2 toddlers.  

That's not too bad considering the meal was extremely tasty.  Also, everything was name brand.  No generics (except our parmesan cheese - that was good old Shaw's brand).  

No comments: